Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ground hog YEAR.

I kind of wish I had a ground hog year.

I could do things purely for shits and gigs. Not a single real consequence - everything would reset and start again at Jan 1st that same year.
There are so many things I would do.
Spend some years being a different person - quiet, loud, brutally honest, anorexic (shits and gigs, people), high, obese, a whore, just to name a few.
I'd do a lot.

Heroin, get pregnant, assassinate someone.

Sure there'd be years of absolute depression due to the repetitiveness and the going nowhere but the whole idea of the ground hog magic is when you get it (supposedly) exactly right it all ends. So basically I could fuck around until I was ready to have The Year and get on with life.

Even the things I could do with just VCE thrill me! I could go to so many different school, spend five, ten, fifteen years studying and get a scholarship to any school I wanted.

I could have years of pure maths/science, pure bludge subjects, ALL LANGUAGES.
(That one's my favourite.)

I could do international exchanges, join a radical movement group, work for a year.

There are so many people I'd hang out with. Mormons. I'd hang out with mormons for a year!!
I'd spend a year on every religion. Even scientology. Especially scientology.
I'd spend a whole year clubbing.
I'd spend a whole year saying exactly how I felt to everyone/anyone.
I'd drop out.
I'd become a tradie.
I'd set up my own business.
I would devote a year to charity.

So much!

I could learn every instrument.
I could get famous.
I could know what it was like to die.

I'd spend a year on each person I know, getting to know them and everything about them. Could get awkward in years after that when I know too much about everyone.

I could do bad things.
I could be a bully.
I could be a home wrecker.
I could move out of home.
I could become the worst influence on someone.


I kind of wish I had a ground hog year.


I'm also eating a pain au chocolat. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment